AOWA invites everyone to join the association We have a membership type for everyone. The more members we have, the stronger and more effective we are. Here are a few benefits that our members receive:
- Industry communications from our quarterly AOWA News Magazine that includes the latest information on industry services, technology and activities.
- Registration discounts for AOWA’s Licensing and Continuing Education Courses.
- AOWA members have daily Representation during the Alabama Legislative Session to monitor legislation that may or may not be favorable to our industry.
- Your voice will be heard in AOWA elections. Under the new bylaws District Directors are elected by the members in that District. We encourage you to get involved and offer to be a Director or serve on an AOWA committee.
- AOWA members also support those in need through the Disaster Victims Assistance Program and Helping Hands Across Alabama projects. In 2019, AOWA supported tornado victims in Lee County with over $55,000 in contributed services and over $10,000 in donated funds for supplies.
MEMBERSHIP TYPES and DUES:
General Membership - $100 (Per Licensee): General Members include any person, firm, association, corporation, partnership, or other business entity engaged in whole or in part in the manufacturing of septic tanks, or the installation, repair, pumping, servicing, or maintenance of septic tanks or onsite wastewater systems. Membership year is January to December. Membership is for the licensee only. AOWA General Member dues Are $100.00 per year (Jan-Dec). Membership is extended to those in good standing with the Alabama Department of Public Health. Please note that 25% of AOWA Membership dues is non-deductible for tax purposes.
Associate Membership - $150 (Per Company): Associate Membership shall include any person, firm, association, corporation, or other entity in the manufacturing, wholesale supply, distribution or sale of components used in the manufacturing, installation, repair or maintenance of onsite wastewater systems. Associate members will not be entitled to vote on business transactions of the association.
Affiliate Membership - $50 (Per entity): Affiliate Membership shall include any person, firm, association, corporation, or other entity with a common interest in the objects and purposes of the wastewater industry not meeting the requirements for General or Associate Membership (i.e., engineer, technical support, environmentalist, administrator, consultant, etc.) as approved by the Board of Directors. Affiliate members will not be entitled to vote on business transactions of the association.